Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Review: The Night Eternal (The Strain Trilogy, #3)

Author: Guillermo del Toro & Chuck Hogan
Started reading: January 24th 2017
Finished the book: February 7th 2017
Pages: 367
Short review: End of the world, vampires, epic ending, action-paced
Published: October 25th 2011
Source: Bought the book
Hearts: 
❤❤❤❤♡



Characters:
You continue with the people you met in the previous books. The ones that survived the first two books will be there for this last book. Be prepared to lose a lot of the main and side-characters. This really is the last book in this series. 

World-building:
This is maybe one of the best parts of the book. 2 years have passed since book 2 and the world is a dark place... I really feel that some authors are scared to make the world in their book a really bad place. In this book, the world is aweful. I really don't know if I would be able to live there. This makes the book unique and awesome to read. The world building also makes you wonder about the ending of the book.. I actually felt that there wouldn't be a "happy" ending in any case.. LOVED IT!

Story-line:
The characters from the previous books are in a world that is kinda "fucked up". Pardon my French. The Master has taken over and made camps for the people who haven't turned into vampires/strigoi. They have to work there, give blood and give birth to kids with blood type B (the best blood). In the mean time, there is a rebellion going on. Those people are trying to figure out how to kill The Master and take back the world. You should read the book to find out if they succeed..
Side note; I really don't like the way the vampires/strigoi on earth are explained. There is some "angel-stuff" involved and it didn't satisfy me.

Plot-twists:
This isn't a book for the biggest plot twists. You read the story from different points of view and the spectacular parts are mainly in the action paced parts. The biggest plot twist is the ending. The book really works up to a great finale and it could go either way...

So:
I thought this book was better than the second book, but I gave that book 4 hearts too, because of the ending. I still feel the first book is the strongest, but this book has a good second place in this series. It's action paced and really works to an ending for this series. I like the fact that the book feels like an ending. I got the answers I wanted.

Goodreads Review:
Review The Night Eternal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I love to discuss books and anything else!

~ Esther