Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday - 10 Fantasy Books

Hi dear blog reader,
It's been a while since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday and since I have a week off, I decided to participate again!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This weeks theme is: 10 books from X genre that I've recently added to my TBR.

I chose to make a list of recently added Fantasy books since this is the genre I enjoy the most.
Let's go!

   

The Elven by Bernhard Hennen - So I went to this bookmarket with secondhand books. I saw this book and this series EVERYWHERE and decided to pick up a new series, so this is the one!

The Falconer by Elizabeth May - I've read reviews about other books in this series, and these were pretty good. The fact that this girl is leading a double life got my attention.

Dalysian Hope by Jamie Summer - Finding a whole new world together with the main character is always so much fun. This book attracted me first with the cover, but the synopsis also raises a lot of questions I hope to find out one day!

The Best Kind of Magic by Crystal Cestari - The word witch in combination with Chicago has me hooked already. I love stories about witches and Chicago is in my heart forever since I lived there for 3 months studying. 

   

The Traitor's Kiss by Erin Beaty - I love how Sage, the main character, is described in the synopsis. I hope I'll fall in love with her, because I like her already!

The Valiant by Lesley Livingston - I've read great reviews about this book, a couple of months ago it was totally hyped. I felt the synopsis was unique and that's why I added it. 

Memortality by Stepen H. Provost - A book about someone who can raise the dead? Let's do this!

Black Dawn by Mallory McCartney - There were so much good reviews for this book. I participated in a Giveaway and won the book! So it's waiting for me on my shelf now...

 

Haven By Katherine Bogle - Stories about people who are immortal or very strong always capture my attention. This seems like a great series to me!

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder - This book captured me with the cover, but this involves magic and a land that I do not know.. I love it!


What do you think of my list? Are there books that you've read already? 


28 comments:

  1. I have been seeing The Valiant around a lot lately as it was recently translated to Dutch. So far I've mostly heard great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these, but The Best Kind of Magic is on my TBR - it sounds really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! What is your opinion on the cover?

      Delete
    2. I like it! It reminds me of going to the boardwalk at the shore when I was a kid.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, a pretty awesome cover!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these yet but I have a few on my TBR! I definitely plan to read The Falconer soon as well as The Valiant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem like really well thought through stories with great worldbuilding...

      Delete
  4. The Valiant is one that I've had on my TBR for a while now. I've heard nothing but good things about it so I will definitely have to pick it up eventually. I just recently added The Falconer to my TBR because it was on sale so I'm hoping that one is really good. The Best Kind of Magic sounds really good too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you've read any of them!

      Delete
  5. Falconer looks really interesting! And I love a good fantasy novel, so thanks for this post.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'll go take a look at your list now.

      Delete
  6. I did fantasy books this week too though we don't share any!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/top-ten-tuesday-110/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take a look at your list, see if I can add some to my TBR!

      Delete
  7. Ahh.. so many beautiful new books, so little time! The baby is keeping me so busy, I haven't had time to do anything. Arg! Great list.. I think every single one of them is on my collapsing tbr pile as well! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a never ending story, gheheh.

      Delete
  8. I've read The Falconer and Poison Study from your list. Both are really good. I'm actually super anxious for the final book in the Falconer series. I hope you enjoy both when you get a chance to to pick them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I will start the series, when I allow myself to start a new series. I really have to finish up on some other series first.. I keep starting new ones and don't finish any.. Ghehe :)

      Delete
  9. Poison Study was so good! I enjoyed the following books a little less, but they were still loads of fun. And I have Valiant on my TBR, I should take the time to read it soon... great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh nice!! I hope to start reading it soon. My TBR is huge.....

      Delete
  10. Such a great list! I've had The Poison Study on my tbr pile for the longest time that I'm tempted to take it off. The Traitor's kiss though... I'm really excited about that one. People keep saying it's retellings of different things from Mulan to Jane Eyre so I kinda want to see for myself what this book really is :')

    Jess @ The Bookshelf Club

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are you tempted to take Poison Study off? :)

      Delete
  11. I love the covers on fantasy books. They're always so alluring. I haven't read any of these books. I do like the sound of Haven though!

    Nicole @ whatadifferenceawordmakes (Wordpress)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes!! Usually very pretty covers... <3

      Delete
  12. I have The Falconer and Poison Study on my tbr pile. I hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read The Falconer and Poison Study from your list. Both are really good. I'm actually super anxious for the final book in the Falconer series. I hope you enjoy both when you get a chance to to pick them up!
    บาคาร่า online
    goldenslot
    gclub online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, one day, one day.. The struggles of a huge TBR pile! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

All comments and feedback are highly appreciated!
I always respond to comments, so be sure to click the "Notify" box or check back!

Thanks for stopping by!