Started reading: February 19th 2017
Finished the book: February 21st 2017
Genres: Erotic, Romance
Published: February 20th 2015
Goodreads score: 3.95
Mia Saunders continues her mission to bail out her comatose father whose life is on the line to a dangerous loan-shark who happens to be Mia's ex-boyfriend. For this journey she serves as a high-priced escort to French artist named Alec Dubouis in Seattle, Washington.
A muse. Me. The motorcycle riding, ass-kicking, concert t-shirt wearing chick from Las Vegas, is a world-renowned French artist's muse. For a month. I had no idea when I took the escort job with Exquisite Escorts I would be standing naked in front of a blank canvas in a Seattle warehouse.
The first book in this series felt a little unrealistic to me. I really hoped this book would take that feeling away. But yeah.. You don't always get what you want.
- Quick light read: This book is a quick one. It doesn't have much pages and you rush through them really fast. The story is written as a fast paced story, so that is nice.
- Wes: I really felt like Wes was a keeper in the first book. It's nice that he checks up on Mia and that she has not forgotten him. Makes the first book a little more believable. Next to that; I'm fond of Wes. He's a cool, sweet, goodlooking guy, so I liked to hear from him again!
- More emotions from Mia: Mia felt like a robot in the first book, if you don't consider the fact that she fell in love with Wes. In this book she is vulnerable, she is worried about her sister, her father and she shares memories. I liked the fact that she shows a bit more of herself.
- Unrealistic: It still feels unrealistic to me. A girl who is in big trouble, who gets hired as an escort by her aunt and gets to work for only sweet goodlooking guys. I'm pretty sure, if we ask some escorts from real life, they don't always work for goodlooking, sweet rich guys. It would be awesome to read a month where Mia is not falling for the other person and doesn't have hot steamy sex all the time. Then we have the orgasms and the tears. Way too many quick orgasms, way too many quick tears. Even the passing out frequently during or after the sex.. It's just weird to me.
- Alec: He is annoying. He's too dreamy. With the typical French artist, long hair and a beard hippie description. It's just too easy. He lacks personality in my opinion, where Wes did feel like a real person.
- Raging about her sister studying: What really felt dumb to me, was a part in the book where Mia's sister is talking about a course she is following. It has something to do with pathology and Mia is raging about this. She doesn't want her sister to deal with death people. I felt like; WHAT!? You're screwing a different guy every month for money because of your aweful ex-boyfriend almost killed your father and you're raging about your sisters UNIVERSITY CLASS?! Nope.
When there was another sex scene, I felt a bit like...
Other opinions about this book
"Book 2 was just as good as the first book in the series. I'm looking forward to March and meeting client number 3."
- Author Groupies
"Damn Audrey did it again! Made me smile, made me laugh & made me cry with her beautiful words! I am in love with these books."
- Hooks & Books Book Blog
Memorable quotes from this book
"Yet, I can still love you and set you free. But you will always carry my love with you when you go, and forever. That piece of my love is yours for as long as you live."